Confessions of a Suburban Nightmare

Saturday, January 07, 2006

#15-January 7th- Poem- Home.

Live it up on dreams kid
Home is all I want
where there is
Room 237 with the scuffed green wallmart ball
pizza and pilates on the floor
handball in the halls
friday night spontaneous movie parties on the laptop
painted shoes
runnin at six in the mornin
and bed at 2
the polaroid goddess
and le gallery de banana man
Team Robb
and ant invasions
orange and light febreeze
and out loud readings of "Howl".
"O starry spangled shock of mercy the eternal war is here O victory forget your underwear we're free"
Falling off the mattresses in mad laughter.
In a room where we could laugh
yet understanding everything.
Inspiration for my life
comes from that room
from that hall
from that hill.
And in this heart
that aches for home
pains for the people
I did so freely know
For they would know what it is to say

"I'm with you in Rockland in my dreams"

(cred. due to Allen Ginsberg. My poet idol.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home