Confessions of a Suburban Nightmare

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Play 6-November 20-Lucky Stop.

Intro:
Okay..so according to Thomas I've got my bases all mixed up. But then again his version of the bases are a lot more perverted than mine...anyhow if he is right...please forgive my naiiveness and disregaurd this scene as an evil gremlin taking over my laptop. Thank you.


Lucky Stop

Jake: twentysomething
Woman 1: twentysomething
Woman 2: twentysomething
Woman 3: twentysomething
Girl: 8
(Scene starts out with Jake in elevator looking up at the floor numbers change)

(door opens, enter woman 1, with newspaper in hand)

Jake:
(looks at attractive woman coming in elevator, then double takes)

Woman 1:
Hi.

Jake:
(still baffled)
H-hi.

Woman 1:
(smiles and looks down at her newspaper)

(bell dings and door opens, Woman 1 exits, a very attractive Woman 2 enters-seemingly distraught)

Jake:
(with a bit more confidence due to woman 1’s greeting)
Hi.

Woman 2:
Hi.

Jake:
So- what floor are you going to.

Woman 2:
(sniffles)
twenty up from here.

Jake:
Oh.

Woman 2:
(stifling a cry)

Jake:
Wow. That doesn’t sound good.

Woman 2:
Oh. Me? Gosh I’m sorry- you’re probably like “Oh look at this pathetic woman, just walking in and spilling her emotions out to the world” ohh my gosh I’m so embarrassed..

Jake:
No. No its okay- I don’t think that at all- um…do you want to talk about it?

Woman 2:
My boyfriend- he just broke up with me.
(bawls)

Jake:
Oh. (pause) I’m uh- sorry to hear that.

Woman 2:
(bawling)
….and we had future and….
(rest of words not heard under crying)
…..dumped me for some bimbo he met at work…
(bawls)

Jake:
(confused and awkward expression)
(long pause)
Here…um let me get you a tissue.
(reaches into pocket, and gives to Woman 2)
Here.

Woman2:
Thanks..
(loud honk)

Jake:
No problem…
(pause)
Wow….I’m really sorry….If it helps…I can already tell he has yet to realize what he lost-(hesitant pause) beautiful woman like yourself.

Woman 2:
(looks up with jaw open)
You really mean that?

Jake:
Sure!
Woman 2:
(leans into him)

Jake:
(freezes in shock, then loosens up seeing his lucky position)
(puts his arm around her)
There there- its okay.

(bell dings, door opens)

Woman 2:
(straightens up, and shyly looks at Jake)
Oh…that’s my floor. Thanks….for everything.
(quickly kisses Jake, briskly walks out and waves)

Jake:
(dumbfounded)
Wait! I didn’t get your

(door closes)

Jake:
name….

(two floors go by when door opens again and extremely attractive hooter-esque woman seductively saunters in)

Woman 3:
Hey sexy.

Jake:
(baffled but extremely aware of opportunity)
Hey.

Woman 3:
How are you doing?

Jake:
Good I guess.
(looks down)

(silence)
(Woman 3 and Jake look up at each other at same time and start to inch closer)
(cliché elevator make out scene)

(bell dings)

Woman 3:
Oh! There’s my floor. It was nice…meeting you. Call me sometime.
(saunters out)

Jake:
You bet. (beat.) But wait! I didn’t get your-

(door closes)

Jake:
number…
(sighs)
(Then look of realization spreads across his face)
Wait!
(counts on fingers)
First base…second base…third base…ohh…
(pause)
YES!

(bell dings and Jake practically jumps)
(door opens to cute, smiling, Eight year old girl with teddy bear)

Jake:
What?!

(girl looks cockeyed at him)
(lights dim/scene ends)

1 Comments:

  • I like it, very amusing. One thing i think might be funny in the ending is if the little girl winked at him before the elevator door closed instead of looking at him cock-eyed, but maybe thats just my perverse sense of humor talking. Either way, i found this scene very entertaining to read, nice original interpretation of the elevator idea.

    By Blogger Ben Rosbrow, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home