Confessions of a Suburban Nightmare

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Play 1- November 15th-Bang.

"Bang."
Crystal Salas
GIRL: age 16
BOY: age 16

(nameless boy and girl stand out in the middle of the quiet street on a summer evening- already talking, but audience does not actually hear anything until Girl's first line)


GIRL:
I’m FUCKING tired of everyone trying to convert me!

BOY:
Language.

GIRL:
You know what? I’m that tired of it. If you were this sick of something you’d start sayin a curse word or two. And don’t deny it, cause you may be “saved” but you’re still a fucking human.

BOY:
(silent)

GIRL:
I’m so sick and tired of you and everyone else trying to change me. There’s nothing wrong with me. I’ve done nothing wrong. For once I’m happy with who I am. I’m not ashamed of thinking differently anymore. So if they’re not happy with who I am, I’m not even sorry. Okay? This is who I am. Besides, I’m not the one who changed.

(long silence as GIRL stares fire at BOY( looking down, seeming unaware of GIRLs passionate monologue.)

GIRL: I’m happy with who I am. And I don’t need some Jesus freak shoving what they believe I should think down my throat. Or blowin smoke up my ass so I’ll like them and magically want to go to church with them.

(more silence)

BOY: I’ve got to go inside for dinner.


GIRL:
( stares at him in confused silence)


BOY:
So…. I’m going to go now.


GIRL:
Did you hear what I said?

BOY:
Yeah.

GIRL:
(Looks at BOY in anticipation)

BOY:
So I’ll see you later.

GIRL:
(long sigh in disappointment)
Okay. Bye.

BOY:
I love you.

GIRL:
Bye.

(boy turns around towards house. Lights dim, end scene)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home